Happy New Year! We know it has been ages since we posted "stuff" so it's fitting that the first topic of 2023 is about keeping the user experience (aka UX) of your website in top shape.
Big thanks to our trusted partner, UX Consultant Stephanie Lummis, for providing these six tasks you should do regularly to maintain the user experience on your website.
1. Update your CMS, plug-ins and modules to the latest versions.
2. Check for broken links. External sites may have changed their URLs and not redirected them. (Or maybe you've changed some on your own site.)
3. Fill out the forms on your site and verify that sender and receiver emails are being sent. You don’t want to miss out on any leads!
4. View your site on the latest browsers and devices and see if everything still works the way it should.
5. Run an accessibility audit. 20% of people identify as having a disability. Accessibility is good business sense!
6. Update the copyright date in your footer
Of course, these are just a few of the tasks you should conduct on a regular basis. There is SO much more to consider when building and maintaining a website. That's why you need a UX expert like Stephanie in your corner. 'We need a new website' is one of the most common phrases we hear from clients - yet, in many cases, they just need to optimize the user experience. Get in touch with us now to find out more.